Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
Shishimaru was about to respond to Kazuo when he felt a sharp tug on his collar pulling him away from the scene, threatening to strangle him as it pulled him away. Once Natsuko let him go, he stood and attempted to regain his composure.

Just as Nasumi collapsed against him. She didn't push him back to the ground, but she came darn close. Shishimaru struggled to hold up the six-foot woman as he answered. "Um, I think that Koishima-sama wanted us to help evacuate the Rukongai. Perhaps we should go look for our squad?" He asked, just short of pleading. He wanted to get her back to Koishima before she saw something else that interested her.
"Ah, that's right! Evacuate the Rukongai! Um..." Nasumi jumps up, almost shoving Shishimaru to the ground as a side-effect. Then, her eyes widen and her enthusiastic smile freezes on her face - Shishimaru can almost see the gears in her head slowly grounding to halt. "Um... um... which way in the Rukongai?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
Soushi rolls his eyes for a moment. He's not a freaking toolbox on demand!

Note time.

Spoiler
Show
Could you at least PRETEND you're casting the Kidou yourself?

He complies, though Officer Karashi might just smell something burning.

It smells like barbecued hindquarters.
The stranger rolls his eyes for the moment. Of course Soushi's a toolbox on demand! His insistence to contrary just serves to prove he hasn't quite grasped how the villain game works, and it's getting on the stranger's nerves.

He doesn't say anything though, just taking some time to extinquish his flaming behind again. Then he picks up the candy bar and, once again, offers it to Officer Karashi, who's now bound by a thin glowing chain and arranged in a (relatively) comfortable upright sitting position.

"You there pal?", the stranger asks. "Okay, lets rewind our discussion a bit... back to your Captains. You know how some of 'em have been 'round for centuries, some even for the better part of the millenium. It ever struck you as odd how some of 'em still retain youthfull appearance and mannerisms."

There's a fair bit of queasiness in the stranger's voice, as if the subject is horrifying him. "I've been thinking of it, and it really shouldn't work that way. Because, it either means they never learn, never grow up and get anything useful out of th' experience, or it means they're content with how they are... were ages ago. Does the thought scare you? I know it scares the hell out of me!"

"Think of it - many of the old guard, they're from times when it was a-okay for a superior to cut heads of his underlings at slightest provocation. When it was a-okay for a warrior to treat peasentry and women like dirt. I can't help but wonder about that each time I look out in the Rukon pal. I mean, what the heck is wrong with this place!?! Tis supposed to be Heaven, but outside... it's like some Happy Medi-evil Theme Park, for the whole family! 'Come 'n' witness an authentic public beating!', 'See how fires spread in a traditional city all made out of wood!' "

"Must be quite a shock for the modern folks who come here - it's like going back in time. But why's that? Why's that my friend?"