Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I'm pretty sure Makai's final levels are based more on your own team's levels (so they'll always outlevel you by about 3). My grinding wasn't so much leveling up everyone as it was getting everyone caught up with Yukari, who was initially ~5 levels higher than everyone else.
I don't think so; I was in the same boat as Inc. in terms of levels. I spent a very long time (about 60 turns apparently) camped in front of the Yakumos, just farming experience and levels. I'm guessing you just went in underleveled since, as you said, Yukari was about 5 levels higher than everyone already.

For reference, here are the numbers I had on turn 171 (waaaay too much time spent grinding, I know ):

18 main units (levels 39 to 41), 7 side units for RES/NEG (level 3 to 19); power rating 30723
VS
Makai Goddess Army's named units (level 36), and generics (anywhere from the low 20's to the high 30's); power rating 21998

Some of the generics for the MGA were outleveling Shinki at that point (171). I only scouted 2 defense battles, but I saw a Ghost or two at level 37.

Also, after only two turns (173), some of the named units' levels shot up pretty quickly too. Louise for instance was 38, and Alice was 37. By turn 174, every (named) character was 37 or 38. I'm guessing they just gain levels extraordinarily quickly for some reason. So you're probably not going to catch up very well if you continue grinding; might as well just go with it now.