1. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    I'm pretty sure Makai's final levels are based more on your own team's levels (so they'll always outlevel you by about 3). My grinding wasn't so much leveling up everyone as it was getting everyone caught up with Yukari, who was initially ~5 levels higher than everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    I don't think so; I was in the same boat as Inc. in terms of levels. I spent a very long time (about 60 turns apparently) camped in front of the Yakumos, just farming experience and levels. I'm guessing you just went in underleveled since, as you said, Yukari was about 5 levels higher than everyone already.
    Hmm, well here's my party for reference. I didn't grind much near the end (I don't really have that much tolerance for heavy grinding), but earlier in the game (after taking over the right side of the map) I spent a lot of turns just stocking up on Ouki so I could buy out the shop.

At Turn 127, when I had Makai down to their last territory, I had Yukari at level 33, 17 units from levels 24-31, 3 units from levels 21-23, and 4 stragglers from levels 14-17 with a total power level of 25097.
    VS
    Makai Army with named units from Levels 33-35 and a power rating of 20909.

I think I beat them relatively easily at these levels but then I ran into a wall at the final final boss so I took some necessary turns to grind.

At Turn 142, right before I took them down to 0, I had Yukari at level 37 and 6 units at levels 32-35 (Yuyuko, Eiki, Aya, Suika, Reimu, Marisa), with the rest of the units unchanged. Total power level of 26196.
    Meanwhile, the Makai Army powerleveled, with named units at 37-38 () and a total power level of 23175.

It was a little harder to take them down at those levels, but I did it eventually. And the final boss still caused me trouble. Suika and the rest of my main team died almost instantly after taking down 2 helpers and about 500 hp (which was instantly healed!), Koakuma not soon after along with my Pressure generic, and eventually the only reason I won was because Yukari consistently hit for about 20-100 damage every turn (while activating Yakumo Frays to counter the boss's buffs), while the boss (who must have healed over 1k total) kept wailing on a Level 17 Meiling who healed herself every turn while another generic kept pumping Rally and I suicided all my other units on attack (yay for Flandre). A 30 minute plus battle for me, ugh.
    Last edited by conquer987; 2011-01-03 at 01:30 AM.