1. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: Getsuga Tenshou

One thing about the tonics is that they look more akin to the kidotech KD and I have been dabbling with than an actual comparation to Kido. That said, the idea is cool even if it doesn't see widespread use, I say go for it.

I was thinking on this subject earlier and considered this concept, more directly relatable to Kidou (The Demon Way), Brujería (Witchcraft).

Brujería would be split in two main groups, Maldiciones (curses) and Transmutacións (transmutations), related respectively to Hadou and Bakudou.

Maldiciones would be debilitating effects on enemies. Poisons, diseases, quirky curses, weird mind tricks. The like.

Transmutacións, following suit with the ever-present arrancar theme of lovecraftian superpowers are things like baleful polymorphs (Frog time!), mist transformations, zombification of plus souls and mortals (da voodoo!), that stuff.

To give more differentiation to kido, I was thinking it could have no incantations or gestures involved, usually, just concentration and more obvious visual effects of what the hollow is trying to do (more descriptive). Kinda like the age old D&D split between vancian magic and psionic manifestation.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-01-06 at 12:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing