View Single Post

Thread: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

1. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

Behir came to a stop in front of the wall that the woman had put up in front of him, turning to face the woman. He knew that the wall didn't present much of a barrier to him, but the fact that she was trying to stop him touched something. She wanted to control him. He wasn't going to be controlled that easily. When his head first turned around to regard her, it did so with a snarl, his teeth bared in a grimace that would give children nightmares.

Half a second later it had softened to the look of a puppy that knows its been bad. She wasn't trying to trap him or anything, she just wanted to talk. Perhaps he owed her that much. But now wasn't really the time. He couldn't have his face known to the public like this. It just... It just didn't seem right. This wasn't his place, and it didn't seem right. Just... No. He couldn't. Except maybe now was when he could open up a little to the other heroes in town. He'd seem most of them without their costumes now, and knew them by smell. He could find out who they were... Perhaps it was a good time to tell them who he was.

No, he couldn't risk that yet. If someone came looking for Behir, he still had Bob to retreat back to. If word got out that there was a connection between Bob and Behir, anyone who came after him could catch him off guard in his own house. He wasn't prepared to deal with that yet. He couldn't stop in broad daylight just yet. Couldn't make himself known to many police. He had to keep his profile low for a little longer.

""I'm... Uh... I can't. Not right now. I'm sorry." Darkness began to coalesce around him, obscuring his features, then reaching out wider and wider while he spoke. His voice grew more confident as the shadows swallowed him up.
    "You can call me Behir, though. Some other day, we will talk. Just... Not yet. I'm not ready yet."

The bubble grew larger until it was about one hundred feet across, then slowly began moving away, dissipating as it went.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Darkness control 4 to get a 50 ft radius area of darkness, centered on Behir. Then moving away, and being stealthy about it this time. Leaping/wall-crawling over the wall.
    Stealth check: (1d20+20)[38]
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2011-01-07 at 01:43 AM.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool