Though this idea was originally begotten from spreading a light spell, it has since grown to be much more complex and expensive. Chances are that Continual Flames would be prevalent as you stated instead of using this system.

I'd say that Tapestries can be stretched a bit beyond their creature sizes. And Colossal is 64 and up. No cap put on that. I think I'll make it so Colossal requires epic level, but I'd allow it to span a city. Only the nobles and the like would actually be connected to the system and even then the spells would be worth something. We wouldn't be wasting the system on 0 level spells.

After a bit of jiggering, it became apparent that the system was better suited for small devices, mech suits, and skyships. The stats for the latter two are coming soon. The first is things along the line of the ray gun that I pointed out in my first post. Though it's quite expensive, a caster (who often has leftover spell levels) could store some energy and give this to a character with a higher AB. And technically it takes one hand to wield and as such could be dual-wielded. The skyships and mech suits are pure epic.

But yes, this system would be out of reach for the general populace.