Not that I want to resurrect the arguments about the false dichotomies and other stuff since they seem to have finally died out, but I just wanted to clarify some of the concepts that people seem to be misinterpreting.

Amoral is not the same as immoral. Immoral is the opposite of moral, amoral actually means to disregard moral questions altogether. Thus black is not equatable to evil. Evil is immoral in the traditional DnD sense of the term. Black is more equatable to neutral since it is neither good nor evil. That said, someone on the side of "good" will often look at the actions of an amoral person as evil since they fail to consider anyone else but themselves, thus the source of conflict between White and Black.

Altruism is not at all synonymous with self interest. The definition of altruism is the unselfish concern for the welfare of others at the expense of ones own welfare. Altruism is the exact opposite of self interest. Dictionary.com gives the example of an animal giving a warning cry since it alerts the group to the danger of a predator but also alerts the predator to the location of the individual.

My interpretation of pure Blue is knowledge for the sake of knowledge. Thus the wizard who studies magic for purely academic purposes is blue, but the wizard who only studies magic for the purpose of benefiting himself is Black with maybe secondary Blue characteristics.

I don't like assigning community to White though. A community that cares about their own interests at the expense of another community would be Black not White. I think its best if the concepts can be applied on both the individual level and the large scale.

What I like most about this system is that it does away with traditional Western dualistic morality. The colors don't have clear opposites like good is to evil and law is to chaos. It allows you to characterize a traditional orc settlement (brutal, chaotic, savage, warlike, opposed to the interests of elves, humans, and dwarves, etc) without labeling them all "evil" as the traditional 9 alignment system does. Good and evil and law and chaos can still exist but everything isn't inherently one or the other. Two orcs can both be Red/Green even though one eats babies for breakfast and the other doesn't.