Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [IC] Malachei's Red Hand of Doom

Greg
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grushnarg (Greg) the Redeemed
    Male Lawful Good Hellbred Paladin, Level 6, Init +2, HP 78/78, Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 9, Flat-footed 21, Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
    +1 Lance (-) +10/+5 (1d8+4, x3)
    Masterwork Heavy Pick (Least Crystal of Return) +10/+5 (1d6+3, x4)
    +1 Full Plate (Restful Crystal), +1 Heavy Wooden Shield (+9 Armor, +3 Shield, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Condition None

Styga
    Spoiler
    Show
    Styga
    Female Lawful Good Celestial Drakkensteed Mount, Level 6, Init +2, HP 72/72, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50/60
    AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Bite +10 (1d8+8, x2)
    (+2 Dex, -1 Size, +8 Natural, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 24, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 12
    Condition None

Styga let loose a mighty roar as the hellhound goes limp, releasing it from her jaws and rearing on her hind legs, a move that would have unseated a lesser rider. Struggling to control the fury of her chromatic heritage (and to avoid the law of gravity), Greg dug his knees and ankles in, hoping the pressure would help. Finally, in desperation, he switched to a different tact. That blind hobgoblin over there would be an easy target, and biting his head off would really intimidate his allies.

It was less effective than he had hoped. She turned lazily, confident in her draconic speed, even as the unseen sniper's arrow still quivered in Greg's shield. "A new tactic then..." He also said your mother was a hrogithnak. It wasn't technically a word (he believed it had roots in abyssal), but one of the devils had used it when he refused their umpteenth offer of quick promotion if he signed with them and it sounded dirty.

With a surge of pure anger Greg could feel even through the empathic link, Styga turned and began to smash her way west, barely slowing to negotiate the steep cliffs in her rampage as she drove as many goblins as can could under her hooves. Unfortunately, while his skill was sufficient to stay in the saddle, Greg could only grip her back helplessly as he was carried along for the ride.

Spoiler
    Show
    Styga initiates another trample, moving west to H11-I12, then turning 45 degrees south and trampling to F13-H14. Reflex save DC 20 for half damage, or attack of opportunity at -4, just like last time.

Damage rolls: (1d6+10)[11] for the first hobbo, (1d6+10)[13] for the second.

A ride check in advance for if someone successfully penetrates Styga's AC: (1d20+16)[24]

I believe I could see both, but that's where I would have gone to protect a blind party member anyways, as Styga would grant him cover from any ranged attacks from the southeast, so even if I couldn't see the other hobgoblin his trampling is an accidental boon.
    Last edited by Grendus; 2011-01-26 at 12:46 AM.