Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Red View Post
The Void - Saguro

Leaving The Dreaming, Saguro instantly merged with the darkness of The Void. He didn't feel so comfortable outside his realm, but he had the strongest feeling, that it would be impolite not to meet the old snake in person.

Figuring out where to go next, he spotted the newly crafted moons, well, this one surely doesn't seemed to be shy. Closing in, he made an attempt to get the attention of the elder god.

"Sozuchi, if you wouldn't mind, I Saguro of the Dreaming, would ask for the honour to speak with you. I recently met one of your children, and sensed that you could give me some advise about my heritage as well, as about this strange world."
Sozuchi - the Void

Another god, eh? Sounds not-boring. Sozuchi appears near the source of the thought-message with a splash. Which, without gravity in the void, sent tiny drops of water spraying everywhere.

"Hello there, Caller in Darkness, I am Sozuchi, the god of not-boring, self-proclaimed. Tell me, what is it you wish to say?"

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post

William, Deep in the Ultimatum, Area 11

He had bought time. A fairly large amount of time, as such things go, in fact. But not unlimited time - he would need to enter the Core room eventually. This was something those in said room were keenly aware of - there was a powerful caster on board their ship, and he was seeking to break in and mess with their ship's core.

This could not be permitted.

Unfortunately, in the chaos of the boarding (they still weren't entirely sure how many rebels had made it on board - conflicting reports placed it anywhere between three and a dozen), they were unable to receive as many reinforcements as the nervous engine technicians would have liked. Armed with white magic or no, they weren't used to being embroiled in actual combat. Still, they had protocol - the lone Blue Mage among them would try to lock down the man's spellcasting, while the rest alternated between refreshing their shields and opening fire with their sidearms.

They'd practiced this situation. Drilled for it. But that paled in comparison to the real thing.

Spoiler
Show
Hakan, Deck of the Ultimatum, Area 11

"Well-Earned Fall of Tyranny Throoooooow!"
"Rising Human Spirit Uuuuuuupercuuuut!"
"Chain-shattering Bellow of Freedom Smaaaaaaash!"

It seemed that with every blow, another knightmare fell. In some cases, quite literally - more than a few had been bodily tossed down to crash into the city below. And with every one that broke apart, Hakan's spirit soared. Kakumai was more than just good - it was invincible! Almost. "Hah! Is that all you've got, Oppressor-in-Chief? Enough with the cannon fodder! Come out and fight me like a man!"

A deep voice boomed from speaker systems all around, sending the human warrior whirling about to find its true source. "Hmph. Do you think me a fool? You are nothing but a worm, in a stolen knightmare. That is all. Your skill is impressive, but you are nothing before the might of Teppelin. You wish to do battle? So be it! Behold, little worm, my personal knightmare!"

With the blaring of a sirens, an as-yet-unopened hatch in the deck retracted. Rising from the depths of the ship came the heavy mech piloted by the Bastion Lord. Hakan didn't really stop to think about the implications of this - his foe was standing right in front of him, and that was what mattered. With a boisterous battle-cry, he gave the machine a heavy punch, shearing off an arm.

Which promptly regrew.

Kakumei caught a strong hook from the other arm as the destroyed one finished growing back. Light seemed to be erupting from the deck beneath the knightmare's feet. The rebel launched another series of blows, but each infliction of damage was simply regenerated in seconds. Whereas the ganman was taking damage with every blow it soaked.

"Wretched little human. You fight me here? My Hydra draws strength from the very ship itself! You cannot hope to defeat me while the Ultimatum still functions!"

Spoiler
Show
OOC:

Using Teppelin's Blight Charge to drop a Turn/Destroy undead mini-nuke on the Vampires. MR2 Curse.

Using the Spiral's MR4 bless to help the tiefling fleet to shrug off the worst of the assault upon it. They're still badly bruised, but their ships will be able to make a recovery with time and skilled engineering work.
Having prepared his defenses, William took the form of ice and, with the might of a glacier, broke down the door to the power core room. Less than a dozen mage technicians, and a blue mage? Such an insultingly low force. Shield raised forward, ready to dissipate the magic of the mages that targeted him directly. That blue mage, though. he was a bigger problem. He'd encountered a few over the years, and they were able to lock down all sorts of spellcasting. So, he unleashed on him not a spell but a plague. Some of the virions that were always with him went out and infected her. Over the years, William had strengthened them to resist common spells to stop them. They went to the mage and infected her with her next breath. Within seconds, her breathing would be hard as the tubes going to her lungs swelled up. In a minute, she would be unable to breathe. Death would come soon after.

He did not enjoy allowing his friends to cause such harm, but it was one of the fastest-acting diseases they knew. It would make her spellcasting difficult almost immediately, impossible within a minute.

William raised his spiked chain in his other hand, and the power of the god of greed infused the room. Each white mage found within their hearts the desire to abandon this fight against such a dangerous foe and flee.

"Any of you who leave now, I will not kill." William offered them.