On the subject of Magicyop: I'm wanting to hear input from others in terms of the 'issue' of absentee homebrewers. If someone disappears on us, leaving stuff unfinished, what's our modus operandi?

I'd like something set in stone, so that posters who are lurking but can't quite bring themselves to return and get caught up (By circumstance or in terms of motivation) know if their work is close to being co-opted. I remember taking a break, thinking I had finished up and posted the updated Purple Worm, only to see a message where someone was thinking aloud about taking over & finishing it. That bugged me.

So... would there be any disagreement if I updated one of the first posts in the thread with:
Abandoned Monsters:

It is the nature of the forums that people will come and go, and that some people will be unable to finish what they have started. To keep this unfinished content from cluttering up the lists, we are enforcing a loose restriction where any content put together by a poster who does not update their unfinished monsters (those not added to the master list) or respond in the thread for a month's time is deemed 'abandoned'.

Abandoned monsters can be picked up by another active, unburdened poster. We stress active, as an abandoned monster that is adopted by a poster who only posts once every two weeks is going to lead to the same issue of clutter and an extended 'unfinished monster' list. For unburdened posters, we refer to those who do not already have a plethora of monsters who have been started or are only midway through development. The process for adopting a monster starts with a good faith effort to contact the poster that started the monster, followed by bringing the abandonment to the Council's attention. If there is no reply and the council gives the go-ahead, then you may officially adopt the monster or content in question.

Once a monster has been adopted, it may be changed in any way that the adopter sees fit, or even started anew. This is partially to discourage those who would get monsters to the point of being nearly complete, then abandon the monster, leaving others to do the dirty, detailed and sometimes uninteresting work of polishing it (correcting spelling, format, rephrasing, clarifying, minor number changes).