Quote Originally Posted by Hootman View Post
I have returned from my weekend triumphant! I had a 1500 point Annialation game against some Sisters of Battle, and it was pretty awesome. I managed to score about 6 kill points (about 50% vehicles) over 4 turns, while my unlucky opponent failed to score a single one.

((When I say unlucky, I mean it. He started exiling the dice that rolled ones, and he was completely out in a half-turn.))

Obviously, I had a good run of luck in this game, but I still felt really good about it. My Scouts finally did something useful, bringing down his Canoness, and my Terminators soaked up a lot of fire and managed to stay standing, if only just. Unfortunately, Pedro and the Honor Guard never made it into close combat; I know I need to work on getting my heavy melee units into the thick of things more quickly.

Codex: Space Marines
Spoiler
Show

HQ
1 Chapter Master Pedro Kantor, 175pts
Attached to Honor Guard

5 Honor Guard, 225pts
(Doesn't take up an HQ slot)
Razorback

Elites
5 Terminators, 200pts
Stormbolters and Powerfists (Powersword Sergeant)

9 Sterguard Veterans, 270pts
Heavy Flamer, May capture objectives due to Kantor
Rhino

Troops
10 Tactical Marines, 215pts
Plasma Gun, Multimelta
Rhino

10 Scouts, 180pts
Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
5 Devastators, 150pts
4 Missile Launchers

1 Variable Tank Unit, 85pts
EITHER Predator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons
OR Whirlwind

Point Total: 1500

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I might streamline my list a bit, I'm all ears. I was hoping to stick a Cyclone Missile Launcher on one of my Terminators, but I don't know where I might be able to easily shave the points to get it.
Pedro should never get within 8" of Close Combat. He's a Powerfist T4 IC. If he gets into close combat, he'll probably die. Never take Pedro unless you're also taking at least 15 Sternguard. Don't take Shooty Terminators in C:SM; they're just bad. Honor Guard will never pull their weight, even with 5 attacks in CC, it's still CCW attacks and it's still 35 points a model.