Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
[pedantic]Righty-o, firstly Swarmshifter should be in the Templates/Prc section [/pedantic]
Moved Swarmshifter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
Errrgggg........we all know your ideas tend to be better than mine, so why i'm bothering I do not know. Regardless, the main problems are;

Spoiler
Show
  • Grammar. This is self-explanitory.
  • The stat boosts are all over the place, srsly. Con, Cha, Str AND Int? Really? I'd focus on Int and Cha, with a splattering of Con.
  • Memory of the Eons was kinda my idea but then Oslecamo went and broke it by being lazy and saying it counts for everything, namely requirements. Blech.
  • Enslave needs a bit of nerfing, methinks.
  • It's not scary, when an Aboleth really should be if it's going to work. I imagined Aboleths when I first read about them to be mini Elder Evils that could live in impossible ways, and think impossible things that made your mind go *pop*.
And what I intend to do would be;

Spoiler
Show
  • Memory of the Eons gets turned into a Bardic Knowledge that's a bit better (See: Take 20 for lower DCs)
  • I'll take a leaf from Archivist and do something a bit Dark Knowledge-y, although with different effects, to use the Aboleth's vast knowledge. Heck, I might say it stacks with normal Archivist stuff.
  • Overwhelming Intellect is nice, but I think that needs to be gutted and replaced with something insanity-inducing, because not having the ability to drive the mortals mad with your mind is unforgiveable on an Aboleth.
  • Something to do with the Long Dreaming. Maybe as a last resort the Aboleth can cocoon itself and heal off the damage, but needs to be cut out or it stays trapped, forever dreaming.
  • Continual Growth, as per Lords of Madness, which says Aboleths keep on growing, upto a Geological scale.
  • It also says Aboleths prefer eating "slimed" flesh. I can easily make something up for that.
  • Variants, variants, variants! The Aboleth is technically the Amphibious kind right now, but I would put an option in for the fully waterborne Aboleth, the Stygian Aboleth (Basically, fiendish qualities) and the Uobilyth, which is a Flying (Yes, I know) Aboleth, complete with alternate class features throughout the class.
  • The ability to remember it's ancestor's past victories for a morale bonus to saves, or even an insight bonus at the higher levels, using the memories of countless hunts.
  • In conclusion, I want to try and recapture some of that scariness the Aboleth has, and allow it to either be your average WARBLEGARBLEGRAAAAAA sea monster if that's really what they want to do (Take the Stygian path, more-or-less), but you can be the scheming horror from time's beginning, because who doesn't want to have a valid excuse to say "Just as Planned!"
Alright. Go for it. Just try to add a little more in the way of active abilities throughout. It sounds like you're adding a fair bit of passives there.