Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
So, the discussion of Lunars and their lacks got me thinking. Seems to me that besides the small charm selection, they don't have much to distinguish their charms from other exalts. This got me to thinking about what they have that's different. Well, they have Shapeshifting, but that's not going to be helpful in non combat or non stealth areas, and those two seem pretty covered. But that led me to the other thing that's different. Gift/fury charms. The former probably can't be addapted, seeing as how they're tied with DBT, which is all about combat. But the latter... Right now they're all tied with combat, but that's because the charm they key off of, Relentless Lunar's Fury, is about combat. Would it help matters to make a version that's about, say, social combat? Or something else? Obviously this would require expanding the fury-ok keyword to other charms, and probably making new charms to fix their lack of charms, but would it at least give them something to help set them apart?
Well, lunars are supposed to be good at adapting. But at the moment, the adaptations they are actually capable of? Almost all combat related. What if instead of new fury charms, you gave them alternatives to DBT? Why limit them to just War Form when they could also have a Social Form, a Sorcerous/scolarly form(to be fair, I have no idea how that would work), etc. Instead of mastering one aspect of the game, they could shift their mastery around as the situation demanded.