Quote Originally Posted by Saint GoH View Post
Im not sure what you should remove, but it seems like having 3 different types of "Raise X" (whether it be ally, dead, or Army)
Be fair, those all do completely different things. One gives you a minion, one gives an ally a brief shot at life after dying, and one taunts stuff off of your casters.

and a lot of Strikes (I understand Icy Touch and Plague Strike, Oblit and Death Strike, but are frost strike, rune strike blood strike, festering strike or even necrotic strike necessary?) just makes for an overly complex class.
Frost Strike is runic power and frost damage - what else is the Frost DK going to do with all his runic power?

Rune Strike is something nothing else even comes close to doing.

Festering Strike is eh. It's not critical, but what's the point of removing just this one thing, thereby nerfing Unholy DKs?

Necrotic Strike is your "No, actually, that's a full-round action for you, Mr. Caster" ability. It's pretty integral to the DK being able to at least have a prayer for competing at higher levels.

I think simplified abilities would go a long way to improving this class, plus it would make it easier to convince a DM to let you play it if he didnt have to spend 45 minutes reviewing each ability
If you took twenty random maneuvers out of ToB and called them class features, you'd have just as much complexity. I don't like this argument, and anyone who dismisses the class just for actually having class features probably wouldn't allow you to play anything competitive with casters anyway.

But having a spell list half a mile long is just fine by most people. Ugh, hypocrisy.