View Single Post

Thread: [3.5 Base Class] The Esoteric Augur

1. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class] The Esoteric Augur

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Well the idea was that it would be limited in scope (not all monsters, or perhaps not all types of abilities) and limited in uses.
    Meh, still a bit uneasy on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Jester View Post
    As for the techniques, I'd say you should let them swap them out the same way sorcerers swap out lower level spells. You wouldn't be able to grab a higher level one, but you could get rid of the abilities that are only useful at lower levels (you might also want to do the same thing with the bio-sculptor's shape changing ability).
    That's a bit confusing. Could you please explain?
    Also, does the limit of abilities "mimicking" spells and other types of magic also apply to psionics?
    Same limits as techniques.
    Finally, I think the sneak attack should be a move action to activate, giving sneak attacks on every other strike that round (usually you could only do one) but this let's you use it with an ability that requires an attack roll (like a maneuver). This might be too powerful, so you could say that it can only applies to basic attacks.
    I think it's pretty balanced. What you've got to realize is that you've got to expend your psionic focus in order to use it. Which means you're not using it all the time. The version you're proposing you probably be too powerful, but I'm open to some ideas for tweaking the Psionic Sneak Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    Considering the name of the class, I would think it would have a more divine theme.
    Why would you think that?
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2011-02-19 at 08:24 AM.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil