Quote Originally Posted by Imrix.
First, I was describing Khaine himself, not his Avatar, since Khaine himself has never been drawn, I have a certain amount of artistic licence, and, loving the Avatar, just went for a suped-up version. Second, I adore Khaine, but for the purposes of my own narrative desires, I warped him a bit so i didn't just wholesale take GW's deity.

A minor shift, but still a shift.

I am well aware of what the Avatar of Keala Mensha Khaine looks like, I have it as my Avatar, after all! Hehe, Avatar as an Avatar...

Also, blood shadow and butchery was something of an analogy. Butchery meant to represent the slaughter of battle. Blood, the personal touch of murder, which ties into Shadow, to represent Assassins. And don't tell me Khaine doesn't make use of Assassins, Dark Elf army book, Warhammer Fantasy.
I myself did that on a message board other than here. Used the avatar as an avatar I mean. I wish I had something more constructive to say, but it's nice to see that a new poster would put so much effort into all that. I hope you stick around. I'm a 40k player myself, as well as D&D.