View Single Post

Thread: First Kill as the DM

1. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: First Kill as the DM

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    I think in that situation, I would have just had the Dragon rip the Warlock's arm off - Consequences for being an idiot, but still gives the character a chance to learn from his mistake. Also allows the Dragon to gloat a bit.
    Dragons ripping limbs off.... (side note, I almost spelled ripping with a w, wripping. )

I had a player, he's one of my best friends, who was playing a sneak thief during a dungeon crawl. Partway through he decides to break away from the group and explore on his own. (imagine me saying "Are you SURE you want to do that?" the entire time you are reading this.) He stumbles around for a little bit, he triggers a trap or two, narrowly avoids dying in a single fight, and finally decides to storm the Black Dragon boss of the dungeon. He is alone, and at least a little bit beat up.

Rogue enters boss room, hits tripwire, portcullis falls, takes acid breath to the face (no evasion in narrow corridors) and finally gets an arm sliced off by dragon tail.

I seem to recall letting his character live, but for the life of me I can't remember how I explained it.
    Last edited by Last Laugh; 2011-02-22 at 08:41 AM.