Quote Originally Posted by Medinah View Post
"Thank you, Amirah, I am glad for your company. I hope you are finding the items you wished to purchase," she replies telepathically, hoping to convey some of these feelings before getting to the heart of the matter. "As for myself, will you please inquire of the merchant whether he sells goods of a more military aspect? Specifically, I am looking for a crossbow, preferably two."

Spoiler
Show

Re: Amirah seeing through the illusion, that's perfectly fine and the way you described that is really cool, though she would have seen Medinah's true form aboard the ship at least a few times.
"Crossbows?" Amirah's voice sounds genuinely confused. "I don't think funny man has any boring ugly wood things. But I'm sure he knows where we can find some."

Amirah then sends a light thought. "Mr. Purple Shop, I'll take this three bottles. They are so pretty! But my friend, she doesn't like pretty glass. She wants crossbows. She has the strangest taste in toys. But I like her anyway. She is fun! Where could we find some crossbows?"

She passes over some coins for the bottles, and gathers those she has liked the most - although none of the magical ones really catch her eye.

Spoiler
Show
First two potions I can't use, last one, while intriguing, I'm unlikely to find a use for. I'm not good with consumables.

Also, assuming that shopkeeper gives us directions, I'm OK with Medinah taking over the shopping trip and "speaking through Amirah" should she need to.

Re: seeing through the illusion. Yes, I would imagine that Medinah does drop the disguise completely on occasions (the intimidation value alone would be worth it), but it was more establishing the limitations of the dweomer - a high enough passive insight will see through it, and I find it cool that in those cases, the insightful person actually sees both at the same time (idea cribbed from Eddings, btw). And of course, it doesn't hide texture, it only fools the eyes.