View Single Post

Thread: [3.5]Greater Produce Flame (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Greater Produce Flame (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by madock345 View Post
    In addition to providing illumination, the flames can be hurled or used to touch enemies. You can strike an opponent with a melee touch attack, dealing fire damage equal to 1d6/3 caster levels +1 point per caster level (maximum +10).
    So, at 3rd level, do you want the spell to be dealing 1d6+3 fire damage or 2d6+3 fire damage? As written, the spell does 1d6+3, but I assume, since that's the same damage the original Produce Flame spell would be doing, that you want it to be dealing 2d6+3.

By blowing across the flames you may generate a 30 cone of Flame dealing 1d6 damage per minute left in the spells duration +1 per caster level. Using the spell in this manner immediately exhausts all remaining minutes in the spells duration.
    Let's say you're a 10th level caster, giving you a duration of 10 minutes per level. You could hurl ten separate balls of flame each dealing 3d6+10 fire damage (or maybe 4d6+10 when you've corrected the mixup above), or you could "go nova" and create a 30ft cone of fire dealing... wait, how much damage? It looks like 20d6 as written, and I seriously doubt that's what you were going for. I think you need to cut the phrase, "+1 per caster level" from the sentence describing how much damage the cone deals. You also need to specify what type of action "blowing across the flames" takes. I would recommend making it a standard action.

Oh, and the cone of flame should probably allow a Reflex save for half damage.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-03-05 at 08:07 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!