Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
Have I really made you guys that paranoid?

He's the cleric of one of the for Elemental Gods who helped make the world.
Aw man. Does this mean my pet theory of "new cleric is an (eventual) romantic interest/foil for Janine" is out? ...No wait - don't tell me. I want to watch and find out!

...I am very open to gentle hints about how wrong I am with that guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
Well, isn't it a remarkable coincidence that an old friend of the children's family should just happen to be there and never have noticed them until now, that they are already being taken care of?

If you ever read "A Series of Unfortunate Events" you'll understand why I suspect that guy.
In fairness to Coffee/the story, I thought this was rather a neat coincidence too (as in, a little too tidy) but upon re-reading my take on the situation is as follows: the reason old family friend has been reunited with the twins is that he was in the area in the first place because he was actively searching them having heard of their parents' fate and was able to take an educated guess as to their whereabouts sure it's a little convenient story-wise that he only actually found them after he'd stopped looking and once Janine appeared on the scene, but once you examine the whole picture the situation is hardly entirely untrue to life. (Not that anyone actually said it was, I'm jus' sayin'...)
My gut feeling is that this guy is pretty much legit.
...there again that was essentially what I thought about Rust until the strip where it became abundantly and undeniably clear that he was bad news, so take from that what you will!