((OOC: I know I should wait for everyone to report, but I'll let them post their reports after this plot exposition scene. Keeping the game moving is the prime directive.))

Explore Muarzibet Completed!

((EXP Rewarded. See OOC thread for details. Some conditions may apply))

Shaur nods as everyone finishes their reports. Alright. Here's the deal. We've got our letter of marque from the sultan for hunting she-da-zhong - every captain we bring back in chains earns us a bounty. He gave me the names of two specific captains his spies tell him should be priority targets - Hasnarash, a powerful priest of their pagan snake deity, and The Salamander, a vicious 'zhong with more than a little efreet blood in him. She turns to Caal. For the ship's mages, he also gave us something else. While we're at sea, I would like you to study this. One-Eye takes out a long black tube and un-caps it. He pours the contents out on the map table - it is a series of scrolls. These scrolls are written in a form of Archaic most of the sultan's scholars have trouble deciphering. They have managed to discover, however, that the scroll contains instructions on how to cast an Admajai ritual attack. The historians tell that the Empire which collapsed over 300 years ago would use spells like this one, cast by an entire cadre of mages, to decimate the opposing force before engaging them fully. As we are the only ship to employ a full cadre, he has asked us to decipher this scroll... and test its destructive effects on a shean ship, preferably a military transport, to see what it does. These scrolls are copies of the originals found in an ancient, abandoned library, explains the lizardman.

((OOC: If you guys have questions at any point during the narrative, feel free to ask them, and I will redirect the events accordingly. I will give everyone a chance to respond to this debriefing, and then I will weigh anchor and set the ship to sea later today.))