View Single Post

Thread: Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship

1. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship

Quote Originally Posted by waffle911 View Post
    My idea's more fun, if time-consuming >_>

But it does also make collaboration and creative control easier when working in person.

Thanqol, one thing I just thought that you should be aware of is the wishes of the people who would be filmed; I think it would be important to have their consent to have footage of them posted publicly. Perhaps you could have them include their verbal consent preceding their actual recitation of the song, and then cut it out of the final video but keep the originals with their consent to avoid any potential legal trouble in the future. Plus then you won't have to actually keep track of their names and such, and they can remain comfortably anonymous to everyone (except for their faces, of course).
    Good plan, something that was in the back of my head when plotting this.

Edit: Idea! Not sure if this was your initial intention, but there are 47 words in the song; with roughly 50 muffins for randoms, you could have the video have a different person for each word and have some leeway for people who don't want to be filmed or something. Then you could also pick whoever is most on-key for each word and have the song stay roughly true to its melody. But, um, whatever you want to do is fine…after all, it is your celebration…[/fluttershy]
    A great idea, but I'm more inclined to get each of the people to sing the full song and perhaps later work out how to do a one-person-one-word remix.

I do plan to get gummi worms to supplement the muffins; if people are too shy to sing they can get gummi worms instead. No one leaves empty hoofed!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-14 at 12:40 AM.