1. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class] The Draconic Ascendant [PEACH!]

Overall, I really like it.

I do think it is a little too powerful, but for a very minor reason. I'm all for optimization and character specialization, but this class doesn't seem to really allow for it due to the fact that you cannot truly get any better in a given area that the class gives you. I personally play Pathfinder over 3.5 simply because many of the classes were given lots of choice - many different ways a player can grow their characters specialization within the given base class. Prestige classes were more for the set-in-stone increases and directions.
    This probably is just a difference in design style.

But, my only suggestion to address my thought is also simple: I'd just drop the BAB to 15/lvl20 and the caster level max to 5 - while adding a class feature somewhere which allows them to focus on one or the other, raising the caster level to 7 or the BAB to 20. Not only would that solve the balance/specialization issue, but I honestly think that would draw more players to the class as well.
    Again, it may just be a difference in design philosophy.

EDIT: I also agree with some minor fluff. You reference some pretty specific things in your abilities, so fleshing them out a bit doesn't hurt.
    Last edited by Sciran; 2011-03-20 at 06:23 PM.