View Single Post

Thread: D20 Modern Dinosaurs

1. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Thumbs up Re: D20 Modern Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    You want suggestions for your campaign? Okay, I'm not expert, but I can give a few.
    • Life in the rainforest is unforgiving; it is called "the Green Hell" for a reason. While you shouldn't push it to the point of oppressing your players, give focus to the parasites, disease, heat and humidity, corrosion (those weapon reliability rules from UltraModern Firearms weren't reprinted by Wizards of the Coast in d20 Weapons Locker for nothing), and just a generally unwelcoming environment.
    • The above said, also remember that there are human structures from when Isla Sorna was Site B. These can be both mood setters, impressive combat and chase scene set pieces, and places where the heroes can try to scavenge materials to help them survive.
    • Don't rely totally and utterly on dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals as enemies; use them as setting pieces and sources of wonderment as well.
    • Similar to above, don't use such creatures as the only combatants, either. Perhaps have BioSyn attempt yet another expedition to Isla Sorna, and encounter the film crew and attempt to silence them with an old-fashioned "'disappear' them" approach.
    I am definitely going to use a lot of that, thanks.
    Also, Dogson was the head of "Reverse Engineering", not the whole company, right? The game is starting tomorrow next week (hopefully) so if anyone has something to add, please do so soon.
    Last edited by Alpha0010; 2011-03-26 at 11:08 AM.
    You see a rainbow trout!