View Single Post

Thread: WW Isocerne City [Recruiting]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default WW Isocerne City [Now Playing]

WW Isocerne City
    Limited to 18 players! The game has started. I'm trying to run a dynamic game with a lot of backstabbing and alliance-building. I'd appreciate getting a copy of any behind-the-scenes chat or PMing, so that I can measure how well the game is running. (I promise I won't share it!) I won't promise, however, that I won't introduce twists as the game progresses. I'm also open to suggestions about the rules pretty much up to when I start the game. (Some specific points which I'm still thinking about are at what times the box should be open for transfer, as well as what power roles I'll have and how many of each.)

The Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynches and lynch voting are as normal.

Werewolf power is conferred by the device discussed in the story section; it takes the name of 'fortune cookie box' from the box it's kept in. I'll call it 'the box' throughout these rules.

One player, and only one, can hold the box on a given night. The player holding the box, hereafter called the User, is the sole determiner of the night kill, although he or she is free to take into account the feelings of other player. He or she may also choose to have no nightkill at all. In the absence of the use of the Lockout's power, the User may transfer the box at will and at any time. (If the Lockout's power is used, the current User will be informed that the transfer was attempted and failed, but not the intended recipient of the box.)

However, the factions vying for control of the box are more than willing to take it from the User. On each night, a PM vote is held to, potentially, select a new User; each vote should name the current User in red and the prospective new User in blue. Votes must have the name of the current User (red) correct to be valid, unless the blue vote is to reelect the current User in which case the red vote is ignored. It is impossible for an User to gain the box if he or she has recieved no blue votes other than his or her own; if the current User recieves insufficient votes, but no other User is elected, no night kill occurs, and the box is released as if the User had been lynched. Note that the details of the election results are not public; the winning User is told of his victory, and if the current User loses the box he is informed only that he has lost and whether or not he has been saved by the Mercenary.

If the election results in a tie of valid votes, the tie is resolved first in the favor of the current User, then in the favor of the special roles in the given order, then at random. If the election results in the box being taken from the current User, assuming the absence of the Mercenary power, the User is killed as the box is taken from him forcibly. (If the Mercenary's power is in effect, the User is saved despite still losing the box; no night kill occurs.)

All kills, including the night kill, are always announced. The player's role will be disclosed upon death, unless the player was the User and the Hider power is in effect.

Whenever the box is lost, either through a lynch of the User or the User's receiving insufficient votes the previous night, it is announced; the following night, the election for User requires "FREE" or the name of the previous User as the red vote. (If the Hider's power is in effect, there is no announcement.)

When only three players remain living, all of them win.

At the beginning of the game, one player will be selected at random to start with the box, independent of any other power role. No other player will be informed of the initial user's identity, but he or she would do well to remember the rule requiring that he or she gain additional supporters or lose the box.

The Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Observer is told whenever the box changes hands, as well as through what rule it changed hands.

The Lockout can prevent the box from being transferred on a given day, assuming that he or she guesses the source and target. Any transfers after the guessed transfer will fail.

The Eavesdropper can learn either the names of all the people who voted for one person as User each night, or the name of the person who one specific person voted for as User each night.

The Mercenary can choose to prevent the current User from dying if he loses control of the box through a night vote, assuming that he knows the name of the User.

The Hider can, with the current User's consent, choose to conceal the User's identity until the following morning if he is killed in a daykill. (This power is meant to be used as a last resort when the Lockout's power is in effect and a day kill is impending.)

The Inspector can determine what (if any) special role one player has on each night… but not whether or not the player has the box.

The Jammer can protect one player other than the User from nightkill on each night. (If the Jammer selects the User, he is not informed of the fact; however, his power has no effect.)

Some of the power roles have sleepers, meaning that there are reserve players for these roles. If the players designated as sleepers die before becoming awakened, their identity as sleepers is never revealed. Note that sleepers will scry as non-power-roles until awakened. Sleepers will typically activate on the death of an awakened player of that role.

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Killed?
    0 | 101jir |
    1 | Arden |
    2 | Banjo1985 |
    3 | Billtodamax |
    4 | Bladescape |
    5 | Croverus |
    6 | Duneyrr |
    7 | Gray Mage |
    8 | Lex-Kat |
    9 | Lord Loss |
    10 | Orzel |
    11 | Ramsus |
    12 | Reinholdt |
    13 | Robert Blackletter |
    14 | The Grimmace |
    15 | TheLaughingMan |
    16 | Tilt |
    17 | Xanmyral |
    [/table]
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-06-13 at 08:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!