Olain awakens quickly, rubbing one sleeve across his eyes. "Customer? Oh, oh, excellent." Pulling on a thick fur cap, he exits the tent, his face lighting up when he sees Verius. My greetings to you! I am called Olain, and I am a trader from the port of Seurd."

"I am called Verius Anatio, and I am currently serving in the position of trader for the Alatus tribe." Verius's tone is the same as it was previously, without the slightest change in inflection at the repetition of his introduction, although this time he pulls open the gate and urges his caribou inside. "I bring various pelts for the making of fur clothing."

"I bring various works of metalcraft, musical instruments, and grains..." Olain and Verius exchange words for a while; conversation with a Northern tribesman seems to involve much repetition of formal patterns and very little rhetoric. Eventually, they seem to reach a deal; most of Olain's metalwork, a few instruments, and all the foodstuffs he has brought for Verius's entire offering, and Olain calls you to help carry the decided-upon goods back and forth.

"Will any other traders come this way soon? I hope to exchange all I have brought."

"No," Verius replies shortly, the answer apparently needing little thought. "I am the only one who will pass this way this year."

Olain appears rather shocked; his only answer is a single "Why?"

"I may not speak of that."