Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
So I... uh... I wrote a thing. Because I had to. It's probably honestly not the best thing ever. It rambles when it needs to be short, and is terse where it needs to be long. But it's a pony fic.

I know you don't usually associate me with romance, but I think the chemistry between the two leads here is great. So, without further ado, the proof that I have become the kind of person who writes pony fanfiction:

Spoiler
Show
-snip-

Since this is quite literally the steaming-hot-fresh-off-the-keyboard first draft, feel free to tell me how awful it is.

Honestly, I skipped it at first when I read the first paragraph and saw a line repeated. Then I read the few posts above this one, and decided it would be worth a read. Pretty good stuff. I enjoyed the meta-level jumps across continuities, and the Doctor's explanation was just vague enough to make sense (or perhaps watching enough SciFi has trained me to blindly accept technobabble and make up my own explanation to fit the gaps).

The reader just has to be in the right mindset, I think. Make sure to allude to what's happening in the story somehow in the description if you send it in to ED, or make mention of Dr. Whoof being involved (his name is an instant red flag for timey-wimey shenanigans).