I've noticed (and I'm sure that you have too) that there are quite a few people on these boards with an interest in writing, either as a future career or as a time-consuming hobby. Therefore I propose this thread to help those of us with such interests to... exercise our craft. Here are the rules:
1) There can only be so many authors. This is to decrease confusion. I think that five is a good number, though I can be convinced to allow more. There will be a 'posting order' to prevent 'simu-posting'. This is also to decrease confusion. When your turn comes around you have 24 hours to post your contribution. Should you fail to do so your turn is skipped and the person after gets their turn. Should an author not need 24 hours to post the person next in line gets to go. All authors can post in the same day, as long as they go in order.
2) Posts must be on topic and relevant to the story. When one story is finished we will have a vote on the topic of the next (more on that later). Writing 'The End' does not end a story. The majority of the authors must decide to end the story before it does. When a story is officially ended I will start a new thread, re-post these rules and the fun starts again.
3) Posts are to be no more than a paragraph long. That means that they should be no longer than ten to fifteen sentences unless you find it necessary.
4) Don't post unless you have something meaningful to contribute. This is not Random Banter; this thread has a point to it. I can't really punish people for coming in and goofing off, but I will glare at your avatar in an unpleasant manner. You don't want that.
5) Voting will be used in the following circumstances:
a) To decide on the genre of the story. This will take place before a new story begins.
b) To strike something from the record. If someone writes something that other authors don't agree with, enough votes will cause that portion of the story to be 'erased' by the author striking it out.
If you feel that I've left anything out please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Okay authors, post the genre that you want to write about. After ten posts I'll count them up and we can get started.