View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

Breaking news from Italy: on April 1st, for the first time a same-sex couple (Francesco Zanardi and Manuel Incorvaia) obtained a unified family status, effectively making them the first Italian gay family ever.
    While Italy has no legislation on the matter of same-sex unions, there is also no legislation disallowing them; for this reason Zanardi & Incorvaia, together with about 35 other couples, have, in the course of several years, appealed to a number of Italian courts creating legal precedents for allowing (hopefully) same-sex unions, even in the form of full-on civil marriage.

(Sorry, no translated article this time, as I can't seem to find one that has not anvilicious political overtones )

ION: I have a question for asexual playgrounders.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All my life I had very little interest in romantic relations and intercourse with other people. I always had, though, a strong obsession for "getting a partner", which was mostly based in societal/peer pressure.
    After satisfying this obsession by having a boyfriend, my limited interest in love & sex plummeted, and now I really can't figure out why should I engage in the pursuit of such things. (As a consequence of this, I broke up with my boyfriend).
    The question is: is this "just a phase", or may I actually be asexual, or at least have a strong asexual component? I'm sorry if this comes out as offensive or inappropriate, but I know practically nothing about asexuality and I'm very confused about the way I currently feel...
    Last edited by Anethiel; 2011-04-07 at 07:42 AM.
    English is not my first language. Sorry! ~ Sorin, Lord of Innistrad avatar by Crimmy

____