Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
Pick up "Eisenhorn" by Dan Abnett at your local bookstore first. Its a collection of books about an Inquisitor and his Acolytes. If you don't know anything about Dark Heresy or Warhammer 40,000, then you need to read that book. It pretty much explains everything you'll need to know - how the 40K setting works, what sort of experiences you can expect as a player, and plenty of plot ideas and examples as a GM.

Dark Heresy is a fun system, but you need to know what you're getting into first. It took me awhile to get the hang of the setting and system. If I'd read Eisenhorn first, I'd have gotten accommodated to the game much faster... Plus, its an amazing collection of stories.
There's also the "official" Dark Heresy trilogy (third book isn't out yet) by Sandy Mitchell, starting with Scourge the Heretic. They're pretty entertaining, but not as good as Eisonhorn and Ravenor.

But, yes, Dark Heresy is great. Great use of the setting, fun combat, and really awesome critical tables.

Oh, and if the psyker tries to use their powers, shoot them. It's for your own good.