View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart

1. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart

Sigurd

Lord Verloren gave a slight smile - it was the first Sigurd had seen cross his face.

“Older than the record books, unfortunately,” he said. “Gilbert Verloren was the first Verloren of Hohlesbruck – he built the manor in 1414, after the Nordland settlement.” He coughed. “Of course, it’s been rebuilt a couple of times since then.”

The tall man paused.

“Are you staying in Hohlesbruck, Mr Waite?” he asked. “If your interest is history, I should invite you to visit us at home. There are many... old paintings, and chronicles and such, in the house.”

Sigurd had the impression that he was being invited more out of politeness than genuine warmth – but also that Mils Verloren was probably the kind of person who would rather go to the grave than commit a trespass against his manners.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have checked it up on Wiki. Lord Verloren is a Lord of the Manor – he isn’t entitled to any grander title.

Ithelus & Pieter

“Le cirque!” cried Ribault, merrily. “Ah, m’sieur, did they teach you tricks? There was a circus that came by my village once, when I was very young – but they did not stop at us.” He paused, seeming to reflect on some distant memory. “Per’aps it was for the best. They were an odd circus.”

Looking up the table, he leaned in a little closer, lowering his voice to a more confidential tone.

“It is quite a circus we have here, eh? The miller and his brood.” The Bretonnian puffed out his cheeks, making a stuffy Mr Faulebrand face. “Très amusant, non?”
    Last edited by LCP; 2011-04-14 at 05:33 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X