Just gave it a quick mess around there and my first impression is; playing with Youmu first will only disappoint you. I chose Youmu first and thought that her mechanics(her charge-up attack when focusing) was for everyone, and I was dying to see the other's versions of it. Went in to them afterwards and was disappointed(Reimu's homing-unfocused/straight fire-focused is nifty, Marisa's... Why? Just WHY?! Direct fire for focused and unfocused?(admitedly, this was just messing around on first stage for two seconds. If one of her attacks does change, I'll take this back.), Sanae's spread-focused(which reminds of UFO's Marisa-B))

And when I saw Yuyuko, I thought each character would have their own stage 1 and boss(Reimu-Yukari, Marisa-Alice?, Sanae-Kanako/Suwako), but Yuyuko is the only boss for stage 1. Bah. And why is she a stage one boss for everyone? I can imagine a friendly sparring match between her and Youmu, but Sanae? Who she's never met before? Here's hoping the translation makes sense of that.

The bombs are okay, all round. I think the new ones are pretty cool.
  • Reimu: Fantasy Seal. Eh, been there, done that.
  • Marisa: Ah, good old Master Spark. It tilts direction when you move which is kinda nifty, but not really useful.
  • Sanae: HOLY SPOOSH PENTAGRAM TO THE FACE! The bomb seems only decent, but it does look pretty cool.
  • Youmu: Can't really tell how powerful it is yet, per say. I'm not really a fan of screen-wipe bombs either, but her bomb is freakin' AWESOME. Ahhn~ Just... J-Just ahhn~

The whole overdrive-when-you-die thing is pretty cool, and I love Youmu's especially. Just the thought of her hacking-and-slashing like hell at whatever's infront of her.

The music... It's good, yeah, but it feels really different from ZUN's other stuff. Not saying that that's a bad thing, but it feels a little odd for some reason. Then again, you can see there's still a resemblance to UFO and Fairy Wars, so it didn't come smack-bang out of nowhere.

The stages and bosses themselves are alright. I didn't notice anything particularly good or bad about them. The stage 2 boss is cute when she doesn't have her drunk look on, though I can't tell if those things on her head are ribbons or ears. Stage 3 boss(Yes I've forgotten their names already. Shut up.) I think might be a Jiang Shi, judging by the talisman on her head(I know the talisman is depicted being used against various other undead in that manner, but I've only really seen it applied to Jiang Shi. Also makes sense, seeing as she's a zombie, and all.). Also, I actually thought that the talisman was part of her hat on first glance. I may need to go get my eyes checked.

Oh, and
Spoiler
Show

Kogasa says hi.