View Single Post

Thread: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

1. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

The blue blobs, or spirits, are used to charge up ghost mode, while the purple ones give pieces of extra lives and the green ones bomb pieces. The ghost mode seems to power you up and probably increases the gain from the spirits. In addition to triggering on death, you can also toggle it on with C apparently. This is pretty much the full extent of my knowledge of how the gameplay works beyond the obvious.

I also think Miscast Mage got it about what Miyako, the stage 3 boss, is. I couldn't recall the name, but I knew what kind of being she seems based on. They are pretty amusing in actual Chinese folklore, due to how utterly derpy they are.

As for what the stage 2 boss is, I think this is a summary of who and what she is. "The character on the left is Kasodani Kyoko, who is basically the Japanese equivalent of Echo. She's a youkai who returns echoes to happy voices on mountains, but recently a superstition that echoes are reflections of sound waves has spread (...yeah.) so she started practicing Buddhism. She started being feared by humans because they thought hymns were emanating from uninhabited mountains. She entered Gensokyo relatively recently and currently stays with Byakuren."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2011-04-15 at 03:26 PM.