View Single Post

Thread: Who's played Dark Heresy?

1. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Who's played Dark Heresy?

Quote Originally Posted by king.com View Post
    I personally, even using the psykers to their fullest degree dont see them as being anything too powerful beyond other characters. Sisters of Battle, combined with their serious free gear AND faith powers put them to shame along with the Scum class being easily the most useful (you make it a Noble scum and they kinda humiliate the rest of the party).
    At Psi 4 + Favoured of the Warp and beyond this is simply and grossly untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by king.com View Post
    Some people say that but I disagree to avoiding it (a GM should always have this thing out and refer to it in sesssion simply as a freak out tool ). The idea is, that you have hit a level where it is no longer a battle of individuals and it has become a battle of resources. Take a look at the skill lists for these Ascension classes. They are mostly reputation and relationship based, this is basiclly how you acquire openings to gain more allies as your opposition probably has many. I found classes like the Vindicare, Storm Trooper, and combat focused psykers particularly weak. They have little to no way of actually interacting with organisations outside of their comfort zone. Classes like the Sage, Magos, Interrogator however get to build some fairly strong alliances which can be used as their weapons.
    It's trivial to build a 'batman' Psyker that is overwhelmingly good at just about everything and therefore completely broken.