Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
And in another instance of ZUN doing his homework and possibly wanting to reference something:

"According to the backstory of Night Warriors, Hsien-Ko was born around the 1730s with a twin named Mei-Ling. During this time, ghosts and spirits of the dead arose from their resting places and attacked a rural Chinese village. [snip]

This turned the twins into a jiāngshī (僵屍 "stiff corpse"), a type of Chinese zombie."

The origin in question is apparently the story for Hsien-Ko from Capcom's Darkstalkers.
I remember coming across a tidbit of Hsien-Ko's backstory before, isn't her sister Mei-Ling now the ofuda charm on her head? Something like she's the mind(or spirit, I can't remember), and Hsien-Ko is the body?

Anyway, I think this may be the first Touhou/Madoka crossover involving the new characters. Some artists work pretty fast. /(◕‿‿◕)\

Also, relevant to previous discussions comparing Meiling and Yoshika, and Yuyuko and Yoshika.((Note: Miscast_Mage will not be held responsible for loss of time, sanity, and/or purity as a result of searching for safebooru/danbooru(the last link, due to translation notes) or any works located within it))

And is it just me, or is anyone else hoping to see TD's final/ex boss as some sort of necromancer? Hell, even more undead characters that aren't ghosts would be nice...Hmm, a skeleton might be a bit hard to do, a zombie would be rudundant with a Jiang-shi, vampires have already been done... Huh. I can't actually think of any non-ghosty undead to be included. o_O

@Drizvolta: Really, at the end of the day, they're the same thing.