Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
Perhaps... an evil spirit?
Spoiler
Show

Kasen could be another candidate.
I asked earlier who's considering the possibility of it being Mima-er, whoops. Sorry. *Ahem* MIMAAAAAA~ Hmm... Mima as a phantasm boss? We still get a new final and ex boss, but we also bring back Mima. But then we encroach on Yukari's title as the phantasm boss of the series... hmph.

Kasen would be a nice surprise too, but I honestly have no idea about her to make a judgement here(her ability "is a secret", apparantly? That seems more like it'll come up in Wild and Horned Hermit as a deus ex machina or something along those lines).

Personally, I think I'd like a new character all-together, because Touhou can never have enough characters. Also still hoping for a necromancer-loli of some sort here. >_>

Also, is anyone else curious if ZUN is going to do anything clever with the fact that this is Touhou 13? I wouldn't normally ask, but it's the number 13, which carries some connotations with it. Look at what he did with 8: turn it in it's side, and you get infinity. The Imperishable, or infinite Night. Add in that the final/ex bosses are immortal, or infinite in life. Also consider the similarities between eight and night, and not just in english; I remember either someone commenting or a doujin about how similiar eight and night are in a lot of languages.