View Single Post

Thread: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

1. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    That wasn't a doujin, that was Rinnosuke.
    Ah, thank you! It was bugging me that I couldn't remember where that was from.

And oh. My. Froggy loli curse-goddess with pyonta-hat. I never really liked Lunate Elf before, it was just plain average and unremarkable all round. A Soul as Red as an Oni's Lantern(odd, I could have sworn it was called A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry ) has a quirky nostalgia to it(probably because EoSD was the first game I played, admitedly) and Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea has a certain... burst of energy to it that Lunate Elf was lacking. but then I came across this remix of it, and I've had it repeat for 20 minutes now and now I'm starting to build a stage-and-boss idea around it for when I start messing with danmakufu.

Has anyone else come across a remix of a song you didn't like that just blew you away before?

If anyone is curious as to what the stage is...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Music has been coming from an old style spanish village, and the dead have started to rise from the grave and travel to this village to dance, following the music. The cause is a cheerful spirit who thinks there's a festival going on. She's completely oblivious to the fact that she's scared the villagers off, or that calling the dead to dance for nights on end is a bad thing, and just keeps on going with the merry-making, even seeing the heroines trying to stop her as "party-poopers who need to lighten up!" all while having a ball of a time. Hmm... This could probably be turned into a full blown incident, with a little re-working. I've also been meaning to see if I could re-create ZUN's style too, and this would be the perfect chance. Looks like I know what I'm doing when exams are over!
    Last edited by Miscast_Mage; 2011-04-19 at 07:46 PM.