Maybe it's just that I haven't watched enough of it, but Glee annoys me specifically from an LGBT point of view. That gay kid is so... so very gay. He seems like a great big ol' stereotype. One of the two episodes I sat down and watched was about the (straight) guy he has a crush on moving in with him and his dad. What's the first thing he does? He smothers the poor kid's bedroom in lace and throw pillows. I don't get it, is he autistic or something? Does he not understand that other people don't like that sort of thing? He's meant to be his friend, how could he expect him to appreciate that? I know the friend got pretty nasty, but I didn't really blame him for freaking out.
Now, what I do like is that gay kid's dad. In both of the episodes I saw he got a long, heartfelt speech. I haven't even watched much of it, but his reaction when his son came out to him was just... 83

So, what is it? I've heard that he's "such a good gay character", but he seems so stereotypical to me, and a bit of an oblivious spoiled brat.