I have the same problem with My Little Pony. Most people just assume I watch it because of my sexual orientation. And that's not at all the case.

On a far more serious note, I return home in less than a month. I haven't come out of the closet (do you say that for bisexuality?) to anyone in my hometown. It's a pretty close minded place. Especially compared to the Bay Area. While sexual orientation is a large issue that I've finally figured out (within the last year, after I moved away), I don't know if I want to deal with coming out to anyone I used to know. Like I said earlier, it's not a terribly welcoming town. My parents would be fine, maybe my friends too, but on the other hand, I'm wondering why I would. I never told anyone I was straight, I keep most information about myself closely-guarded, and I don't think my sexual orientation is the defining characteristic of my life. I don't know what I'm trying to say here. I just feel... conflicted. And my move out day is approaching rapidly.