Quote Originally Posted by Icedaemon View Post
So, a wristbow requires the other hand to be free? Now I understand. I still question how comfortable firing it would be in the best case scenario, but eh.
Probably not very comfortable no. but neither are some other weapons in the D&D universe. spiked chain for example.

That's the opposite of what I said. If the quiver were X-shaped and contain bolts long enough that they cross one another, then this quiver would have to be one-on-top of the other, probably in an awkward position. Otherwise, arrows will get snagged on one another.

What I stated was that since this wristbow would likely not have long arrows, why not have someone who dual wields one have two quivers side-by-side behind opposite shoulders? Presumably, the arrows would be short enough.

Given how wielding a weapon in the same hand as a buckler provides a penalty to hit, so should the wristbow.
ohh ok i'm sorry, i must have misread. Personally i imagine that having a quiver on a diagonal slope would be easier to draw from. And the way i pictured it at least, the arrows from the right shoulder do not actually meet the arrows from the left shoulder, but are separated by a thin layer of fabric. i guess i should have written that down somewhere.

The penalty makes since, I’ll look it up and add it in.