Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
Hey, SiuiS!

Our debt is settled.
I am exactly 5 paragraphs in and grinning like a maniac. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
One thing I will point out about dragons is that they can survive hundred year long naps, so they may actually be, if not cold blooded, creatures with a low metabolic rate. Also, given the size difference between a dragon and an ursa major, dragons may in fact be on the menu.

Also, I notice that the dragon has spike weapons like what you'd associate with herbivorous creatures like Stegosaurs. Also, the dragon from dragonshy didn't seem interested in eating them, but instead just chasing them off. Personally, if chicken mcnuggets kept bothering me while I was trying to get to sleep, I wouldn't try to scare them off. I'd be in the market for some dipping sauce. It's possible that dragons, like the other sentient creatures we've seen (hoofed mammals) are herbivorous. In fact, if one was in an environment with Ursa Majors, their structures make sense for a prey animal. They can pop out numerous spikes, giving them weapons of discouragement and also making them hard to swallow. They can spit out quantities of fire, which is a great tactic for scaring off a larger predator (see real life bombardier beetles). They're (for large creatures) gracile and mobile, since if an Ursa shows up, they just have to fly away. The fact that dragons like Spike, an infant, can digest hay, to me, implies that meat is a small to negligible part of the diet.

So yeah. If dragons are prey animals for the Godzilla-sized beasts of the world, no wonder the dragon in Dragonshy chose somewhere far removed from the Everfree Forest for his nap. That mountain was a perfect spot to stay away from Ursas, who would have a hard time scaling the mountain.
Mm. You win, because chicken mcnuggets. That was good for a solid chuckle and a half.