Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
Maybe easier still would be to tie Elves to positive natural energies and Drow to negative natural energies. It would make the chances of an Elven necromancer that bit more unlikely and the chances of a neutral aligned Drow that bit less cheesy.
I rather like that. Of course, I dislike the standard-issue drow.

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
Kobolds most certainly, especially with the web enhancement for RotD thrown in, they're actually surprisingly adept as a race. They're honestly on a par with the PHB races so would be fine against this for comparison. Goblins are quite dire physically, and honestly a level 1 goblin is still only 1/2 CR, perhaps consider giving goblin a little something if you ever expect one to be played. Halflings however, are not lazy, they're rural. BIG difference believe me! You could either leave them be, or you could play on the 'tied to the land' principle and set them up like a proto-scout with survival &/or kowledge (nature) bonuses for the LA+1, or give them a low end skirmish perhaps? Fits the concept elsewhere and even fits the gumph 'n fluff.
That's true, goblins do need a little bit of TLC. Hobgoblins need a lot of work to get up to earn their +1 LA or some tweaking to come down to +0 LA.