Quote Originally Posted by Mkhaiwati View Post
The employee that helped I think is also the same one who casually stepped over the victim as she was having a seizure at the end. Did you have the sound on while watching it? The other employee's were laughing at the incident and at the end urging the two girls to leave before the police got there. All should be fired or even charged as accessories to the assault, in my very humble opinion.

edit: I see the video wasn't posted. I saw the video Friday, and read the story this weekend. I am sure if you google it you can find it.
Oh gosh...

I didn't know that part, no. It didn't occur to me to watch the video partly because it wasn't part of the post but mostly because it wasn't something I wanted to see. I don't think I'll google the video since I'm so detatched from the people involved, but I will take a look at the petition linked and consider. If employees were egging the assault and battery on and trying to help the attackers evade punishment, then yeah they probably ought to go to court for that/ lose their jobs/ combination of these.
Stepping over somebody having a seizure really isn't on either unless that's your only way to safety and to a phone for help, but at the very least said employee presumably didn't participate in the assault and made a small attempt to assert disapproval. Presumably how casual it was is down to interpretation to an extent. I can't say for sure how honourable my behaviour would have been in the same situation but I'm pretty sure I would have wanted to get out of there as soon as possible so I could see stepping over her as being maybe not as cold blooded as it looked, although I don't know enough about the situation to even know if the employee stepped over the victim to leave the building or for another purpose so...

I can't really make firm arguments about any specifics here though because I've not read all the information, wasn't there, won't watch the video, etc. Hopefully good will come of the video as evidence in court but I don't really feel right somehow watching it myself. If I were on the jury (assuming a jury ever gets involved with this incident) the situation would be different, obviously.

It's a bad business. Probably one made worse by the fact that it's not particularly extraordinary.