View Single Post

Thread: Am I the only guy

1. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Default Re: Am I the only guy

Quote Originally Posted by haveabrain View Post
    You said I was making the point you wanted to make, but I hadn't read your posts before I posted.
    Oh. Well I was pointing out that you were saying what I wanted to say and tried to say, nothing else.

I don't try to make men or anybody feel inferior. Now, I SAID that yes, I usually view men as inferior. I don't flaunt that thought, it's a fault. But I don't try and hide my faults generally.
    Well then I'd be glad to stick with the coward comment

Exactly. Now, you don't seem like you're putting on this feminist front though. And my point is just that you're true "feminism" is not based off philosophy or your opinions of women in a societal view, but how you treat the real women in your life. And I know many'o'men who think they're feminist and then treat their S.O.'s like ****. It's just true.
    *Ahem* "your" not "you're."

And when asked I usually used to say "no" until I started reading up on third-wave feminism. Now I say "Kind of sort of third wave feminist." I'd never introduce myself as "I'm a feminist" though, because that implies I care about the "plight" of women. I don't. I care that people are being treated like crap and their gender is entirely irrelevant to me. So in the sense that you'll never see me campaigning for women's rights, I'm no feminist. But in the sense that the moment I see someone, well, posting an OP like this one I'll jump in and point out the major flaws in his reasoning, I guess I am. In the sense that I freely use those "bad" terms (that I'm not allowed to say for fear of the moderation) I'm definitely not a feminist and would often be called a homophobe as well. But in the sense that I treat my friends with dignity male or female, I guess I am?

Whatever. Keep your labels. I'd rather just go along being human.

Confused by this statement.
    See, in this movie, Mulan sets up a really funny line.

For MOST men to handle. Now, if you're an independent guy who admires an honest, blunt, and often challenging then lady then you're golden. But I don't find these men terribly often. It's not a copout, I give most guys a chance. But they do usually fail miserably.
    What if I'm an honest, blunt, and often challenging guy who will gladly point out your grammar errors, such as an extra "then" in front of "lady"? Do I at least win the bronze?

If I said "I have this effect on people" I sound conceited, but I do. People views of me are often polarized and sometimes to the point of loving-then-hating or hating-then-loving. I wonder why.
    Oh trust me this isn't YOU having the effect on me. It's the entire situation. I LINKED FEMBLOG FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! I had to scrub off in bleach after that.

He's big. HE'S BAD! Watch out ladies, because here comes Da Woof!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    No habla espanol, bonita senorita
    *senorita bonita

Not only does he correct grammar in english, but fixes it in spanish too! And the crowd goes wild!
    Last edited by ZombyWoof; 2011-04-26 at 04:36 AM.