View Single Post

Thread: When you play the Game of Thrones...

1. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: When you play the Game of Thrones...

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    did anyone else not like the way the last two scenes lined up, with Bran waking up just as Lady is killed?

I mean, it seems innocent enough for dramatic purposes right now, but consider this show from the perspective of a new viewer, who never read the books. Here we get a Dire Wolf whom has some connection to the Stark children dies, and just as this happens, one of the Stark children on the edge of death wakes up.

Now, fast-forward to the season finale, where a major theme is a life to pay for a life, and it's not too hard to imagine new viewers looking back on this and thinking that Lady dying is what brought Bran back, and possibly even extrapolating it to there being some sort of blood magic going on among the Starks/Wolves, while in the book this connection really doesn't exist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to comment on this one. I didn't like that part either. I'd have preferred it if Bran woke up screaming and sweating, suggesting that he felt the pain of Lady dying and the shock woke him up. Would have been way more dramatic than him simply opening his eyes and show the spiritual connection between Stark children and the wolves.

Well, OK, the wrong wolf. I honestly have no idea if they only have a connection to their own pet or a weaker one as well to the other ones. I vaguely remember a hint at the latter in one of the Jon or Bran chapters
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2011-04-27 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.