View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

1. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    First good news. I have been visiting a local trans support group which has been pretty awesome (they have very good cookies!) and possibly getting new friends etc etc.

Secondly I have started seeing gender therapist and will be starting RLE sometime during the summer.

This leads to the bad news. Since the gender clinic (or what ever it is called in English) doesn't have it own laboratory, the blood work checking etc for the hormones will done by women's clinic which has looong queues, meaning that I won't be able to start HRT until sometime in the autumn, not in the summer like I had previously thought. This is driving me crazy. I will have to try to pass as a girl for months before I get those hormones and I want to live as a girl when I go to new university at end of August, so postponing RLE is out of question. I am starting to seriously contemplate of selfmedication since I want my boobies now thank you very much.

And the second problem. My gf and I broke up three or so weeks ago. We are still friends, but lack of intimacy is driving me crazy! Not helped by my general loneliness since I only see my friends, who live in different city, only on weekends. I am even starting to think I shouldn't have quit wow when my guild broke. And trying to find of new girlfriend? Starting seem impossible. how can I find someone who a) doesn't find the ¤#%ed up body I have disgusting but would still like me after I have had srs, so isn't straight or a chaser, b) would hopefully be atleast bit of geek or gamer, c) is into bdsm and d) wouldn't reguire me to move to soome other ccountry or something?
    Yay for cookies! As for the less fun stuff: there isn't another clinic that can get the blood work done sooner? I know when I need lab work done here I usually have an option of about 20 different clinics to go to and they all take the blood the same day (and get th results back to the Dr. within a week). As for self-medicating, the problem with that is most of the do it yourself stuff doesn't work well or is dangerous. I've heard that peppermint tea or grapefruit juice can help, but I wouldn't expect too much from them; although they are rather safe things to ingest.

As for your second problem, at least b) and c) would (from what I know) seem to make a) more likely. I'm afraid all I can offer is a sympathy hug, seeing as I'm rather far away - well, and a sympathetic ear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 742 View Post
    can you honestly say you would be the same person if you were a man or a woman or lived in a society that accepted non-binary gender identities and didnt have to deal with all this crap?
    I probably wouldn't be the same person if I didn't have to deal with this crap. I guess that what I'm doing now is figuring out if I'm the same person as a man or a woman... although really, I can't be either.

Quote Originally Posted by 742 View Post
    edit: *e-hug* i genuinely wish you the best even if i think your request is impossible without being shallow. and i get the reasoning behind "xir" but why x instead of some other letter? i keep thinking it was someones excuse to add more Xs to the english language as part of a long term plan to ruin the balance of scrabble.
    Well, if it's impossible, I'll just have to live with it, won't I?

Xyr was rather a preference for me based on the uncommonness of X (and to a lesser extent Y) - how could I resist? I'm also a fan of 've' and 'ze' for similar reasons. And if it helps me win a few games of scrabble...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Aaaand one more thing: Huggles for everyone 'cause I missed giving them earlier. Incidently, those huggles happen to be bear-hugs, so anyone who failed their reflex save take 3d6 bludgeoning damage and roll a fort save. >:3
    Thank goodness for improved evasion!
    Last edited by rayne_dragon; 2011-04-28 at 08:00 PM.
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.