Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
As I understand it, there are basically two approaches to self-medication. The first involves eating foods that are known to contain high levels of phytoestrogens, or even taking pills that contain that extract. This is actually rather ineffective, as phytoestrogens aren't all that compatible with human biology, so won't do as much as human estrogens. In addition, taking phyroestrogens will interfere with the effectiveness of human estrogens, as those phytoestrogens will occupy the cell receptors that could have been occupied by the human estrogens.

The other methods involves buying medical-grade human estrogens from various online stores. The risks here range from being sold sugar pills, traditional credit card fraud, and not having hormone levels monitored.
I seem to recall my doctor mentioning that medical estrogens are actually derived from soy or something. I guess the estrogens must be chemically refined to be closer to human estrogen, since as I understand it the amount of phytoestrogens you would have to take ingest would mean eating soy until you've exploded.

The interesting thing about grapefruit is it works by inhibiting the break down of estrogen, thus increasing the levels of estrogen present in your body through accumulation. I still think the results are likely going to be less than spectacular unless some kind of anti-androgen is also involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Sugar... talcum powder... glass... worse. Hope this video works outside of Australia. Approximately 50% of the online market for medications is fake.
I'm surprised that it's only 50% that's fake. Rx medications are that way for a reason - they usually have at least one side effect that is potentially fatal. I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't expect a prescription for meds like that.