1. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    While that's true, there is a middle ground between "totally impossible" and "lolFetichdeath".

I feel like if it were that easy, Malfeas would have taken a whack at Autochthon at some point. His cancer seriously creeps the other Primordials out, after all.

Maybe reversing Autochthon's cancer actually requires you to turn him into a Neverborn, and then resurrect him, leaving his disease behind. Hell, maybe Autochthon's cancer is actually the key to reviving the Neverborn, because it will stay alive even after he dies and inject life into the Dead.

Something like fixing Autochthon's disease forever should be epic enough that it's not a simple matter of solving everything with a couple of Medicine Charms or a stabbing.
    See now at least in my mind "lolFetichdeath" would never be my first resort for curing Autochthon's robocancer; in fact it would be my absolute last resort. Because the result isn't Autochthon anymore. It's a new Primordial, one that may have tangentially similar themes and Autochthon's memories but it's not him. Killing his Fetich wouldn't save Autochthon or Autochthonia, it would destroy both of them. It would a huge sacrifice, perhaps to large of one, in pursuit of the goal. Depending on the motivation behind curing him of his disease ganking his Fetich might in fact be self-defeating.

Also, if a Fetich Death is not epic and is a simple stabbing you are doing it wrong.

Now I'll admit the Empyreal Chaos probably wouldn't have had any of these compunctions. But Fetich Death, even without Neph's quote wouldn't be a guaranteed cure. It's always a roulette. His sickness is a part of Autochthon's theme, that could be the part that his new incarnations spins off of and his disease could have been even worse this time around. That wouldn't be a risk the Empyreal Chaos would take, as stupid as Primordials can be. After all Autochthon kept his disease in check before sealing himself away, it was merely creepy, not dangerous.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-04-29 at 03:21 PM.