Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
I think your second idea is closer - in some ways I'd prefer to be female, but as a way to be less male rather than a goal in and of itself. I think.
I get that. I think when you're neither it's easier if you're female, because a female can get away with being masculine more easily than the other way around. So if you're female you can be in the middle, or even have some times being very feminine and some others being very masculine, and you'll be fine (I'm speaking mostly of appearance here. Like, a woman can wear a dress and make up one day, and jeans and a T-shirt the next. Much harder for a guy).

On the other hand, sometimes I feel I'd be taken more seriously as a male, and there are many things I dislike about a female body, and I think it might be easier to be a male who shaves his body hair than a female who doesn't...

So yeah, both have pros and cons I guess. Either way, I'm comfortable with my body now, I feel like, I'm going to have one anyways, you know, so since I don't really fit anything, might as well take the one I have.