Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
Sereg Arturo

A powerful rip in the dimensional fabric spits forth the Septima Espada, a second sword slung on his side by the first. As the garganta closes behind him, he begins looking around, sending pulses of his reiatsu and pesquiza in order to find anything particularly interesting in the world of mortals.
[Phoenix City, a ways from Furousha Shop]

Mayumi had been walking for a little while, contemplating the existence of new powers in the city when suddenly a force struck her. It was like the appearance of the two Arrancar, that same hole in normalcy that she felt now, but it was worse. So, so much worse. Whatever had come through was actively searching for something, and it felt like a predator. It gave off waves of threat, as if to say that this was now its territory, and all others should stay away. It was an Arrancar. Nothing else could be so primal and malevolent at the same time.

Looking around to ensure that no one had just seen her double over in horror, Mayumi vanished, off to find the source of the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
[SWORD Headquarters]

Today was an unusual outing for Subject 1864. Normally confined to his own subterranean quarters, he'd been allowed to take a stroll around the base.

It was his birthday, after all.

Well, not quite. Actually, no one knew when his birthday actually was. But when one of the nurses caring for him eventually got curious about it, a mock birthdate was set, just to give him a slight sense of humanity.

Frankly, it confused him. Harsh though it was, having his daily activities planned for him at least gave him a sense of instruction and direction. When it was up to him, he simply didn't know what to do.

At least until the alarm rang. Then he knew he was supposed to report to the nearest high-ranking individual for orders.

Hey look, that man seems to be giving out orders. Let's go to him.

So it is that a boy in a blue and black jumpsuit was suddenly standing around staring at the man choosing a weaponry loadout.
A hand suddenly appeared on Subject 1864's shoulder, almost gently. Vincent's face, however, was anything but kindly. "My my, who let you out?" Vincent inquired of the subject, his voice calming. He had to tread very lightly with this one, given its powers and lack of control. "You just stay with me, okay?" Vincent said. Though it seemed to be a question, what he just said was undeniably a command.

The subject under control, Vincent's gaze moved to Josiah. "Yes, it's an Arrancar." Vincent said simply, keeping his hand firmly clamped down on the subject. "Are you going to go out and deal with it yourself? It might actually be a good way to field-test 1864 here if we all go. Besides, I wouldn't want to face that thing alone." Vincent said, adjusting his glasses. "What do you say to that, Eighteen? Do you want to see outside?" Vincent asked the subject, his tone eager, to see if the subject became more interested. It was interesting to test its responses to emotional stimuli.